Web Application Secure Coding
Date(s) - 22/06/2017 - 23/06/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saltbush Training has developed a 2 day Web Application Secure Coding Course aimed at addressing security issues associated with deploying web applications in today’s complex networked environment.
Students will receive a deep and thorough understanding of the most prevalent and dangerous security defects in today’s applications and will learn practical and actionable guidelines on how to remediate against these common defects and importantly how to test for them in their own applications.
- The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top 10 Web Application Security Risks (2013 version):
- Injection flaws, such as SQL, Operating System and LDAP injection
- Broken Authentication and Session Management
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Insecure Direct Object References
- Security Misconfiguration
- Sensitive Data Exposure
- Missing Function Access Control
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Using Components with Known Vulnerabilities
- Unvalidated Redirects and Forwards
- Unrestricted file uploads leading to code execution
- Path traversals and unintended consequences
- Introduction to software reverse engineering and countermeasures
- Code reviews and automation
- An overview of the OWASP Testing Guide v3.0 methodology
- An overview of the OWASP Developer Guide 2013 methodology
- Hands-on vulnerability exploitation (hacking) exercises using the OWASP WebGoat tool and others
- Hands-on vulnerability patching exercises using the OWASP WebGoat tool
Who Should Attend
- Designers of Internet systems and those responsible for deployment of Internet connected infrastructure.
- Developers responsible for the production of code.
- IT security practitioners and reviewers responsible for assessing the security of deployed systems.
- Fraud and security investigations staff seeking an understanding of common attack vectors.
$2,200.00 (including GST)
To register for this course please book by going to the UXC Training Website and complete the online registration process.
Download the Web Application Secure Coding brochure
Need more information about this course? Please complete the enquiry form below.