Cyber Security Incident Management
Date(s) - 07/09/2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
ASD has amended the security documentation set to now include the Incident Response Plan (IRP). The Cyber Security Incident Management Course is designed to take attendees on the path to prepare an IRP for their Agency of Organisation. The course covers the definition of a security incident, what different types of incidents there are and how to detect them.
Once an incident is detected, the process of declaring and responding to a security incident is discussed and a response procedure will be workshopped by attendees. Additionally, students will look at the Government reporting requirements as established by ASD.
- What constitutes an Information Security Incident
- Distinguishing the different Incident classes and discussing strategies to deal with them
- How to harness the human based detection systems within your organisation
- What technologies are available to detect security incidents and how to best deploy them in your network
- How to develop response plans to cater for the various incident types
- Tips on how to preserve forensic evidence and when and who to call for help
- Understanding ASD’s reporting requirements and how to work with the CSOC
Who Should Attend?
- IT Security Advisers and Managers that have a need to establish the impact of the Incident Response Plan on their organisations and how this will impact on their compliance programs.
- Security Executives, System Managers, Security Administrators or in fact anyone who needs to appreciate the complexities of detecting and responding to security incidents.
$950.00 (including GST)
Need more information about this course? Please complete the enquiry form below.